First impressions of Periscope

Today I heard about a new social media platform that is becoming increasingly popular. It is called Periscope and it is all about live streaming.


Launched and acquired by Twitter in 2015, it has been a hit with much of the online community. When you see the homepage you can understand why, it is completely covered in peoples’ unique experiences and talents. After spending just a few minutes on the website I found numerous videos I wanted to watch. It allows you to go live anytime, anywhere.

The videos stay on the site for 24 hours and people can replay and give feedback on it, after a day it is taken down. Accounts can be linked to your Twitter account or you can register with your phone number. I really like this aspect of it because it means that you do not get any extra emails and you do not have to create a password.


Though I have not spent much time on Periscope yet I plan to check it out more this weekend. If you have used it before or decide to check it out let me know what you think about it in the comments!

Comments

  1. I have never heard of this, but it sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to be checking it out soon! I love how there are so many unique yet similar social media sites nowadays. It's fun to explore what's new and give new things a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also never herd of Periscope, but I agree, it sounds awesome! I can't wait to go download it now :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used Periscope for my live tweeting assignment. One of the people at the event decided to use the hashtag and stream the event. All of my experiences with the app have been positive so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like an interesting new app. I've not really into the whole live streaming thing, but maybe one day I will be! To me it's weird that the videos get taken down after 24 hours, like a Snapchat story, but it seems like it could be fun! Thanks for the infor, Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

Why women don't have pockets.