Dual Accounts

If you know me in real life, not just my blog posts, you may follow me on Instagram. If you don’t know me, you might follow me as well and have no idea. You see I have two accounts. One for my personal use, and one for my artwork. This might seem like overkill to some people, but if you look at the Instagram community it makes sense.

I have had my personal account for a little over four years now, and it is interesting to look back at my posts. You can see four whole years of my life condensed down to 470 pictures. That might be a slight exaggeration since I do not post daily, but if you think about it that is pretty amazing. If you look clear to the bottom you can almost feel the awkward teenager-ness in the pictures.

My art account has been around for slightly over two years nowv and it is interesting to look through too. If you pay attention you can see how my style and skills have changed. You can feel when I was really passionate, and when I did not post much because I was going through artists’ block. The reason I decided to split my posts between these two domains is because they are for two different audiences.

There is some overlap and a lot of people I know personally follow both of my accounts, but I feel like my accounts are two different experiences. The people who follow my personal account may only be interested in pictures of my friends and I, while some may only want to see my work. Two accounts gives them the option to choose what they see from me.

There is also a huge art community online. Instagram is a great place to connect with artists because of the graphic nature it is made up of. It is one of the most logical places to post work as an artist. People are getting on to see pictures and most people keep track of their pieces by taking them. Having my own separate account allows me to follow, comment, and interact with people creating things like I do in a very unique way.


Having these accounts is a great experience. It provides me with ways to interact with different audiences and share the two major parts of my life. If you are someone with a hobby or skill that you’ve ever thought about sharing online I highly suggest you create your own dedicated account. You’ll end up interacting with people you would have never known otherwise.

Comments

  1. I have heard of reasons certain famous Youtubers have different channels and it fits similarly along the same lines. It's a very specific thing that people what when they follow (or subscribe) to your account. When you have a lot of different varying content many users might be confused as to what your account is really for. I like the idea of having separate accounts for personal and for artwork. It is a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

First impressions of Periscope