Why I Love Kappa Phi



College is a wonderful time in life. You get to meet a bunch of new people, gain new experiences, and really find yourself as a person. What you choose to do with your time is completely up to you which is great, but also intimidating. It makes you wonder what the best way to spend your limited free time doing is. And it forces you to narrow down what you will be involved in. For me, the best thing I could’ve done my freshman year was join Kappa Phi.



If you don’t know, Kappa Phi is a Christian club with 28 chapters at colleges and universities all over the country. Our four pillars are fellowship, service, study and worship and they’re pretty much what we stand for. Fellowship means spending time together and getting to know one another. Service is giving back and helping those around us. Study helps us all to grow in our faith and be better sisters. And worship is our way of refocusing and giving God our time during the week. These elements are the focus of every chapter around the country, and they’re what all 2,718 members have chosen to invest their time in college focusing on.



For me, Kappa Phi was a great way for me to really get going in college. I joined my first semester and it was absolutely the best thing I could have done for myself. I went in not really knowing much about it, I just knew from the moment I met everyone that I wanted to become a part of it. I felt welcome and loved. I was a very shy person when I first came to school and being surrounded by so many people who cared about me really helped me come out of my shell. It was an environment I felt comfortable being myself in, so I got to completely relax and just hang out. It helped me to grow as a person, and figure out what kind of person I want to be in this new chapter of my life. As the oldest in my family, sometimes it can be hard to find people to look up to and relate to. And when I walked into sisterhood it felt like I was surrounded by 20 some big sisters that I could rely on.



In December of 2015 I became an official member of the Alpha Omega chapter at ONU. I got my wonderful big, Claire, who has been one of the most positive influences I’ve ever had. And I also gained a great family of people who would do anything for me. Having such a solid support system makes it so much easier to be away from home. I know that if I’m ever having a bad day I can call any one of my sisters and they will make sure I am taken care of and loved. I have so many stories of hysterical laughter, adventures, and just plain silliness because of this fantastic group of people. I believe positivity is the key to life, and finding my niche in this positive group of people can make any day great. It’s nearly impossible to have a negative attitude knowing you’re so loved.




Kappa Phi one of my favorite parts about being at school and I highly recommend it to any young lady looking for a great group of friends. Or, if you’re a guy, be one of our STE brothers. There’s a place for everyone and I believe it’s one of the best things you can do for yourself during this crucial part of life. I’m so glad I chose it for myself and found my home. Sisters in Christ, sisters for life.

Comments

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

First impressions of Periscope