Why you should love Ohio

Anyone who lives in Ohio has most likely made or heard the following complaints at least once in their life. 

"There's nothing to do here"

"This weather makes no sense, Ohio is stupid"

And, an Ohio Northern University favorite,
"All we have is cornfields"

While these may seem true at times, we all know that is not really the case. Ohio is actually a great place to live! So today I present to you the best things about Ohio.

We have variety

Do you like living in a city? Take your pick of any of our eight major cities. The country? We have plenty of that too. There are Amish communities, hippie towns and suburbs. There is a place for everyone.

We are really good at ice cream

If you ask me what my favorite ice cream place is I honestly do not have an answer, and that is because I have grown up in the land of deliciousness. My favorite places to note are Graeter's and Young's Dairy. But you cannot forget Deitch Brothers or, possibly the most famous, Jeni's.

Beautiful scenery

Hiking, biking, swimming, camping and fishing are just some of the things you can do in Ohio. Hocking Hills is full of beautiful scenery to hike around and we sit on a Great Lake with a view of Cedar Point. Not to mention the smaller local areas that offer a similar experience without having to take a road trip. We also have natural caverns that you can visit, how unique is that?

So. Many. Attractions.

Zoos, museums, art galleries, Ohio has it all! You do not even have to pay to get into the Air Force Museum and the Columbus Muesum of Art is free on Sundays. It is the land of amusement parks and COSI (the museum, not the restaurant ONU). So really, there is no reason to be bored here.

History

We are the birthplace of aviation AND the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The first man to walk on the moon and the first major league baseball team were born here.We must be doing something right because Ohio is full of local and national history. The next time you take this state for granted do a little bit of research and see what you find. Every community has its own innovators and dreamers just waiting for you to discover them.

Around here most people like the Ohio State Buckeyes a little too much and we complain about the weather. But when you stop to think about it, Ohio is actually a great place to live. Especially when you count in all of our adorable t-shirts.

What is your favorite thing about Ohio? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. I love this post Emily! I agree, everyone always hates on Ada but we all secretly love it here. I'm so happy I grew up in Ohio and I agree with all of your points. My favorite thing about Ohio is the variety. I can explore different cities, hike through Metroparks, wander through flat lands and cornfields or kayak down rivers all right here, in Ohio! Plus, we have all four seasons and that never seems to get old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how everyone hates on Ohio and Ada. Some people really can't appreciate God's beauty when they see it. I enjoy the sights of cornfields and bean fields spanning for miles. It's hard for me to describe my love for this state in words but it truly is a majestic place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

First impressions of Periscope