Confidence is Key

Confidence is a real problem these days. I think everyone has some element of themselves that they are not confident in. Whether it be a physical, mental, or personality trait, people have an internal tendency to judge themselves harshly. I see it every day in myself and the people around me.

I recently read a blog post by Mark Manson called “The Confidence Conundrum.” In it he talks about where a lack of confidence comes from and why so many people suffer from it. He says, “our confidence is rooted in our perception of ourselves regardless of any tangible external reality.” In other words, we form opinions of ourselves not based on what is real, but on what we are hardest on ourselves about.

This blog post was a huge eyeopener, and it made me see myself in a new way. My favorite quote is 
“…the solution to the confidence conundrum is not to feel as though you lack nothing and delude yourself into believing you already possess everything you could ever dream. The solution is to simply become comfortable with what you potentially lack.”


It is a reminder that where you are in life is okay and you do not have to have everything figured out to be confident. Owning who you are and your faults makes you a better person, it leaves you room to grow. Without that growth life becomes stagnant and boring, so be confident in yourself and your weaknesses. Chances are those faults will be what makes you a better person in the end.

Comments

  1. I love this! Confidence is definitely something I've struggled with in the past, and only recently have I learned to accept myself for who I am and to work on the things I'm not!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

First impressions of Periscope