The Blue Highlighter: Edition 2

It is time once again for The Blue Highlighter, my weekly post about what I have been reading in my textbook “The Art of Social Media.” Like last time I will be sharing my favorite pieces of my assignment. This post is over Chapter 7 and Chapter 8.


Pick a Short Hashtag


Chapter 7 was all about how to socialize events through different media channels. One of the most important takeaways in my opinion was to use a short, but effective, hashtag. When planning an event it is important to come up with a hashtag that will put everything posted in its own place for people to view during and after your event. It completely makes sense and is such an easy thing to do, there is no reason not to try implementing it at your next event.

Make an Event Page


Making an event page is so important these days. It is a great way to get the word out about what you are doing and it will even send a reminder to everyone invited the day of. I have been invited to a lot of events this way and I can honestly say that the reminder is a life saver. Graduation parties are a great example of how convenient it can be for the attendees. The date, time and location are all in a convenient place. Plus, the information cannot be misplaced like a physical invitation. Especially when you have several places to go in the same day.

Wear Solid Colors


This tidbit is in reference to doing conference calls or other forms of video. It is important not to wear stripes or complex patterns when you are going to be on camera. It makes it look like there is something wrong with the computer or camera because of the intricacies. When I read this I immediately had flashbacks to YouTube videos I have seen over the years where I saw this mistake being made. As small of a detail as it sounds, I can say from experience that it is distracting and lessens the quality of what you are making.

I hope you enjoyed this rendition of The Blue Highlighter and learned something new. Keep watching for my posts as life picks up here in Ada, Ohio.


Comments

  1. Although boring at times, the solid color rule is a good one. Wearing distracting clothing can take away from the message that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you really hit on the important take-aways from our reading! I remember taking Introduction to Public Relations last semester, and the solid color outfit really resonated with me! Dr. Fleck even noted that blue is a good color to wear as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

Why women don't have pockets.