Let's Review

For the last four weeks I have been reading “The Art of Social Media” by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick. You can see my favorite passages from my required reading throughout my blog under the title The Blue Highlighter. I finished the whole book last week so it is time for an overall review and an insight to my favorite aspects of the reading.


This book is easy to read. It flows very nicely and the chapters are a nice length, they provide information but are not too long or overwhelming. I also enjoy the way they move from one subject to the next. There are many aspects of social media and breaking it up step by step helps the reader to focus and understand the points the authors are making.

One of the only things I did not enjoy about the book is how extensively it promotes using Google+. Although it is a valid form of social media and it has interesting features I would have rather focused on another platform more.


Overall this book has useful tips on how to improve and effectively use social media. It provides interesting tips and advice that will help the reader get more out of the platforms they are using. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in social media and how to use it in a more professional way.

Comments

  1. The book was an easy read and an easy carry from class to class. I learned some new tools and tips to use. I am not a fan of Google plus either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

Why women don't have pockets.