My favorite projects

My first blog was about my online love, Pinterest. Today I would like to share with you my all-time favorite projects that I have tested and approved.

Turn any craft paint into fabric paint

When I read this article I was positive that it was too good to be true. The next time I was at Hobby Lobby I picked up a bottle of fabric medium and gave it a go.

The project I decided to work on was upcycling an old pair of jean shorts. They are the most comfortable pair of jean shorts I own so naturally I have worn them to death for the past two years. They started to show their age and had weird stains that I did not think I could get over. I seized the moment and turned my old, worn out shorts into something more unique.



This process was very simple. Just add half of your paint choice and half fabric medium and paint it on. I let it dry completely and then washed them in cold water. I have worn them quite a few times and I have had no problems with paint fading, bleeding or flaking off.

Dry erase board from picture frame

This is an idea that I have used a multitude of times. It is simple, easy and unique. All you need is a picture frame and paint.

If you want to make a truly special piece, I recommend looking for an old frame. Typically they have more character and possibilities. Plus, as I have said time and time again, I love upcycling. It is good for the environment and good for the soul.

All you need to do is paint your frame how you like and put the glass back in. Instant dry erase board that is unlike any other out there.



Nail polish dipped mugs

Here is another great personalized project, nail polish mugs. They are again, very simple and they do not take much time at all. If you have ever marbled your fingernails or seen videos you can probably guess how this works.

Get an old, deep container and fill it halfway with room temperature water. Next take nail polish and drop small amounts into the water, do not let it fall too fast or it will sink and you will have a mess. Once the nail polish spreads out dip a white mug where you want color and watch the magic happen. It will instantly adhere to the mug and when you pull it out you will have a beautiful piece of art. Dip it as many times and with as many colors as you want. When you’re happy turn it upside down and let dry overnight.






These are my favorite Pinterest projects that I believe anyone can do. You can find more ideas from my DIY and Crafts board by searching for me. My username is emilyk2015. Happy creating!

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE this article! I am also a huge fan of Pinterest and try to be as crafty as I can. I'll definitely be trying all these crafts myself--especially the shorts! I never thought of doing that with my clothes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

My Pinterest Problem

How much lettuce have you eaten?

Why women don't have pockets.