Parallels of Blogs & Twitter

Twitter is just like microblogging. I would be willing to bet that you have never heard that before, I had not until I was reading the Twitter chapter in my “Social Media Marketing Workbook.”


Blog posts take a process to create, first you must come up with a topic. For Otterly Ridiculous I have set guidelines for my posts every week. I must have a post about social media, one about my life, and one about my book reading, such as the one you are reading right now. While most blogs do not have such set rules, every post must start with a topic. A tweet works the same way, to start you must think about what you want to convey with your tweet.

The next step to creating a blog post is to create a headline and the content itself. These are always related, the headline should show the reader what the content is going to be about. Almost like a preview to what you will say. Since tweets are only 140 characters long, the pieces of this step get put together into your tweet content, what you are actually saying.


The final step is promotion. When you write a blog it is typically fairly time consuming and you should be proud of it, therefore you want to promote it as much as possible. It would be a waste to put so much time and effort into the content not share it with other people. On Twitter this is true too, when working to gain visibility tweets should be well constructed and worthy of being promoted.


So there you have it, you may have had a microblog and not even known.

Comments

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

Why women don't have pockets.