Shopping on Snapchat

According to this article on Mashable.com, we may soon be able to buy movie tickets on Snapchat.


The Fandango president, Paul Yanover, hinted that his company is working to create a way to merge tickets with Snapchat just like they have done before with Facebook Messenger. This quote from The New York Times shows the status of the idea, “A Fandango interface designed for Snapchat (again, allowing users to buy tickets without toggling between apps or leaving the platform) is on the way. ‘This is about Fandango appearing in these environments in an organic, natural way — the way people communicate with each other now, the way they actually discover, plan and buy,’ Mr. Yanover said.

The companies experimented with the concept for a few days in May with the new X-Men movie, for a limited time users could buy tickets through a movie ad. This is a step further into Snapchat’s e-commerce initiative, the ultimate goal being to turn the app into a shopping experience and go public.

What do you think of this? Personally I think Snapchat is on the way to being a little too complicated. Let me know your views in the comments!



Comments

  1. Wow! I had no idea this would ever even be a possibility! I guess it's just another example of how social media plays a big role in marketing! I wonder what else will be available to buy through snapchat in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I feel about purchasing things or sharing money on Snapchat. For whatever reason, I can't trust that my money would be safe. Snapchat is a very unique app that has separated itself from other popular photo sharing apps. I think they should stick to focussing and improving what they do best rather than becoming overly complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to see how many new features have been added to Snapchat in the past couple of years. Many companies tend to implement new features for a select group then expand the group if the testing goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Should I start a freelance business?

Popular posts from this blog

How much lettuce have you eaten?

My Pinterest Problem

Why women don't have pockets.